Saturday, May 31, 2014
11 am to 5 pm
Sign Up Individually to Play
This is a four team tournament! Registration is open to the first four goalies and forty players. Each player will be placed in a pool for our four team captains to build teams. Each team will play a three-game round robin. The top two teams advance to the championship game.
Games will be played at South Metro Sports
Unrestricted format (no gender rules)
Broomball Shoes ARE REQUIRED
Three game guarantee
$25.00 per player (pay at the tournament)
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
South Metro Sports will schedule some drop-ins between now and the end of the year so keep an eye on their schedule.
Drop-in broomball tonight at South Metro Sports from 7-8:20 pm. A great opportunity for those traveling to Omaha, Nebraska next week to get some practice in. Hope to see you out there!
Update: All 18 spots have been filled for 2014. However, you are welcome to register and join the Wait List.
What: Coed Outdoor Broomball Leagues (recreational and competitive)
When: Jan 6–Feb 26, Mon/Wed, 6:00-8:00 PM
Where: RiverScape MetroParks Ice Rink, 111 E. Monument Ave.
Registration: Register a Team**| Sign Up as a Free Agent
Visit our RiverScape page for more information!
As we start another broomball season we have a BIG announcement. After 6.5 years I’ve decided to step down as leader of the DBA and transition the responsibilities to others. Ashley and I recently made the difficult decision to move to Columbus so we can be closer to family as we raise our kids.
Some broomballers have come forward with a desire to continue running a great broomball program in Dayton, OH. I’m currently working with them to transition the leadership responsibilities. Roles are still being finalized but the following individuals will be your new DBA Board:
- Phil Cheesebrough: Cheese is a longtime player and captain in the DBA. He has served on the DBA board for the last several years coordinating fundraising and social events.
- Brian Buttrey: Another longtime player, Brian also served on the board over the last couple years assisting with league communications.
- Kyle Kaminski: Longtime player, volunteer and ref, Kyle will continue to bring great value to the league.
- Sabrina Kaminski: Sabrina has been volunteering for years and has been a key player in the league’s success. Now she’ll doing much of the same in an official capacity.
- Kelly O’neil: Kelly is newer to broomball but has stepped up as a volunteer over the last 9 months.
- Josh Nelson: Josh is also newer to broomball and has done a great job in the thankless role of reffing.
All six are passionate about the sport and will be great leaders for the DBA. We will keep everyone informed on the progress of the transition.
In addition to Ashley and I, Matt Dunbar will also be stepping down as a board member. Matt has managed league finances for the last 3 years. Thanks Matt for everything.
I want to say a special thank you to everyone who has been involved in broomball in the Dayton area over the last 6.5 years. Your contributions are what make this league possible. I will continue to advocate for broomball in Ohio and look forward to future opportunities to get back on the ice with you all!